VRTEC TRNOVO KOLEZIJSKA 11 LJUBLJANA
The development innovation project THE TRNOVO MODEL OF BASIC EDUCATION AND LEARNING (TMTU) – the development of the Trnovo kindergarten's educational model
In the Trnovo kindergarten we have for already six years been developing our own educational model of basic education and learning (TMTU) as the first phase of the life-long learning. In accordance with the National Curriculum we have been creating the wholesome and intercurricularly set process-development implementing curriculum:
- It lays the foundation for a child's personality and potentials;
- It introduces a child to basic areas of culture and civilization;
- It builds relationships to one self, to others, to nature, and to the environment.
Within the TMTU we are introducing constructivist approaches and education through art, as well as the experiential, the empirical, the social, the research, the problem learning, and learning through discovery and creation. TMTU methodology features:
- The whole-year theme of a child's research and the study of teachers and educators, based on particular, wholesome, and intercurricular team planning;
- The project work with a puppet and its story so as to encourage a child's experience and creating;
- Playing and testing various materials, the building blocks of the world, and tools;
- The cooperation with parents, integration into a close and a wider environment, as well as into the world;
- The ICT support: the Intranet communication and the Internet.
ARCHITECTURE, URBANISM, LANDSCAPING AND HORTICULTURE in THE TRNOVO MODEL OF BASIC EDUCATION AND LEARNING – the educational field, the cross-field curriculum and the research and creative activity of children in kindergarten
The project aims to include the educational field of architecture into TMTU from the contents, objectives and the curriculum planning, to the teaching methods and the whole of the curriculum and its implementation.
Our annual projects include all fundamental areas of architecture:
- The landscaping in close connection to the wider environment, space and ecology, as well as geography;
- Urbanism – planning and designing space, also in connection to traffic and communication;
- Architecture – designing and engineering facilities: utility, functionality, aesthetics, society, humanity;
- Construction – the implementation, the use of materials and the techniques;
- The horticulture of park and lawn planting;
- The artistic interior design, the visual communication and the interactive design;
- Technical and biotechnical sciences and other environmental sciences and space studies.
A main goal of the project is to implement architecture and its elements into all aspects of TMTU in everyday creative activities of preschool children. Achieving this by modifying content and goals by developing a learning plan with proper didactic methods and by that evolving the curriculum as a whole.